Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

hydrofoam/hydroplane do they work?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

hydrofoam/hydroplane do they work?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 05:36 PM
360pod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hydrofoam/hydroplane do they work?

I was wondering if the hydroplane/hydrofoam thing works. the thing that is a car a plane and a boat all in one. do they work and do they hold up well and are they a trusted product? thanks
Old 08-19-2007, 05:47 PM
andrewtexas123

Default RE: hydrofoam/hydroplane do they work?

DO NOT GET THIS IF IT IS YOUR FIRST PLANE.

With that said yes it works really well alghough flying it is pretty chalenging because of the rool rate and the movement of the control surfaces. If you can all ready fly 3d planes then yes go for it!

Andrew
Old 10-19-2007, 04:39 PM
HydroFoamNut

I just bought one off ebay and to answer your questions...

yes, it absolutely works

do they hold up well? about like driving a formula one car into a wall at full speed.

they are very light weight and have a whole lot of power,

I have done 2 test runs trying to keep it on the ground and have almost destroyed it,
but I don't have any idea how to fly one,
right now I am waiting for the glue to dry, then I will tape it back up and try again.
I have busted both front sponsons and the motor mount, but I think the glue and tape will get it working again.

are they trusted? I bought one and it worked about like I expected it to.

the couple minutes that it was running was a blast, I am planning on trying to learn some more with the one I have,
then buying another one to fly when there is nothing left of the one I have now.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:05 PM
Woodsy

Yep they work, but some practice with a flat foamy 3D plane would certainly be an advantage
Old 10-19-2007, 05:28 PM
theradioflyer

I totally agree with those who have posted, plus the fact I would not buy another due to how fragile they are. Both times I broke mine into pieces were do to ground strikes. one was the prop hitting the ground sending the motor through the fuse chopping up depron as it went. I switched to a smaller prop and then hit a mole hill and the same thing happened again. Flying was awesome and something to see but I gave up after the second.