Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Thinking of jumping in

Old 08-21-2007, 07:15 PM
JLB
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of jumping in

I have been flying both airplanes and helis for more years than I like to admit and am considering an electric airplane
to test the waters. I believe I would like to start with a 75 cc aircraft (33%) and convert it to electric. I'm flying 35% and 40%
gassers now and would like to try something smaller and simpler for those quick jaunts to the field. I have absolutely no clue
what I'm considering in terms of cost or what size motor, ESC, batteries etc. that I would need to make this happen. Looking
for advice or just to get pointed in the right direction for information sources. I've poked around some of the forums and
haven't really found what I'm looking for so I'd sure appreciate any assistance those with the experience can offer. Thanks.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:36 PM
Nitroaddict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thinking of jumping in

An AXI 5345 on 10S2P should produce 3D capable performance on a 24inch prop and AUW planes of about 16-18lbs - 33% size.