Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

I goofed with CASTLE LINK. Need some help....

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

I goofed with CASTLE LINK. Need some help....

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 09:58 AM
markerbeacon
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I goofed with CASTLE LINK. Need some help....

Hey all,

Just got a new castle link from Tower yesterday. Never used one of these before. Went to update what I was sure was a CC35. The ESC was old enough that the castle link software gave me 5 or 6 choices of ESC's to choose from as it coudn't autodetect it. So, I picked the phoenix 35/45, 'cause I was sure it was a 35. Update seemd to go smoothly and finished 'succesful'. But when I powered up the plane, the servos were very eratic, the motor went to power and was not controllable. Unplugged the battery from the ESC and scractched my head. Then I dug out some old invoices and packing slips. It's a CC25 NOT a 35! So, I thought I'll just reprogram it, right? WRONG! The list of ESCs to choose from is gone because apparently I told the prom it was a 35. The software detects it as a 35 now. Is there anyway short of sending this thin back to Castle to erase what I've done and start over?

Thanks!

-Mark
Old 09-22-2007, 01:05 PM
Bad_Daddy

Default RE: I goofed with CASTLE LINK. Need some help....

Did you send this post to Castle? They have an excellent support staff and a large FAQ section that might help, too. http://www.castlecreations.com
Old 09-23-2007, 02:41 PM
markerbeacon
My Feedback: (15)

Default RE: I goofed with CASTLE LINK. Need some help....

Fixed it!!!!

By hacking the database I got it back to a CC25 and it all works great now!!

Sometimes I amaze myself

-Mark