Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Fast 3 p51 mustang 2 channel internal parts?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Fast 3 p51 mustang 2 channel internal parts?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 05:22 PM
hampibaba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fast 3 p51 mustang 2 channel internal parts?

I am a beginner and(please dont laugh) have bought a fast 3 mustang p51,,,to cut a long story short i crashed it and now the servo dont work for the rudder,its only 2 channels,, but i think it might be the receiver although the propeller still works when i use the remote control. I conected the servo motor up to a battery to test it and it turned fine,,,so what do you think??also any sugestions as to what i should put in to replace the servo and reciever thats cheap and simple to do???thanks.
P.S.
i think its called a receiver,its the computer chip looking thing with diodes and things on which is connected to the propeller motor by 2 wires and to the ariel wire and to a on-off switch and also to my battery and the black box which pulls the strings to control my rudder that has a small motor attached to it (servo i think???)please help me if you know anything that i can do,my budget is small.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:55 PM
CoytAW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fast 3 p51 mustang 2 channel internal parts?

haha im really new too. servos are the little boxes w/propellers on top. some have 4, 3, or 2 blades into which you stick the wires for rudders and other control surfaces. and the computer chip-looking thing sounds like a receiver. anyways your servo's probably broken in some way or another. find out what kind it is. if you cant then look for servos like it. they have servos in multiple sizes. those are only about 9-20 bucks each. depends on what you get. the receiver is going o be much more expensive. if that is broken you might as well get a new plane. if you cant get a free or ultra cheap receiver then it probably isnt worth it to get a new one. they are often the bulk of what you pay when you get a plane. fiddle around and see what you can do to get it running again. make sure nothing is wiggling around in the receiver and check that all you servo wires are intact as they can break easily. if servo lines are broken then just get a new servo. now that i think about it i believe that is what your problem is. so start by checking everything. if you still cant figure it out then get a new servo and try it again. if the thing is busted sell or keep what you can and get a new plane. getting a new servo isnt going to be too bad b/c you'll probably need one later in the future if you stay with the hobby. good luck.