Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Opinions on the E-Flite Edge 540 BP?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Opinions on the E-Flite Edge 540 BP?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 08:01 AM
rednote

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on the E-Flite Edge 540 BP?

Just picked up an E-flite Edge 540 BP. Opinions, good and bad are welcome.

Thanks,
Rod

Old 10-04-2007, 01:29 PM
RCB757

Default RE: Opinions on the E-Flite Edge 540 BP?

E-Flite Edge 540 BP Landing gear is made of soft alumimum and will hardly support the weight of the airplane.

I called Horizon Hobby Tech support and spoke with Rusty on 10-04-07. Rusty advised me that the landing gear is "adequate" for the airplane, however it will not take much abuse. I explained to Rusty that the main landing gear needs to be redesigned because it will hardly hold the weight of the airplane up and bends badly with even the smoothest of landings. Also after reviewing some comments on the landing gear on RC Universe, I was not alone.
Rusty did not agree with me at all and said that once one person complains about something on the web sites, everyone chimes in. Of course people are "chiming in" because there is a design problem with this landing gear.
Rusty finially resolved the issue by offering to send me a new set of landing gear legs. I guess I will just use these gear legs to make a new set out of better material.
E-Flite makes some fine products and I have and will continue to purchase their goods, however they missed the mark on this landing gear and really don't plan on making a stronger replacement.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:26 PM
bigdaddy61362

Default RE: Opinions on the E-Flite Edge 540 BP?

Good airplane but I will have to agree on the landing gear. It is very soft alum. Bent mine on the first landing and I would not have considered it a hard landing. I then went to bend it back and it broke. Also cant find any replacement. Everyone is out of stock.

Walter Fisher II