Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Got a question for Tampa residents

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Got a question for Tampa residents

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2003, 04:05 PM
Darkus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a question for Tampa residents

It's embarrasing, I know, but I can't think of a single place I can fly an electric except for an AMA field, which is what I want to avoid.

I live in north Tampa, backed up to a crowded golf course (maniacs are playing with marine spotlights at night, so that's a no-go)

I figured it would be easier to find a flyable field, but I haven't found a spot yet where the cops don't harass you.

It seems ironic that these electrics are called park flyers, but the parks won't allow them (I'm 2 miles from Lake Park).

Yes, this is a pathetic cry for help, but I've had my plane for 2 weeks now and can't use it it seems. Searching the Internet was totally useless, so I thought I'd ask here.
Old 03-25-2003, 04:11 PM
darenm
My Feedback: (2)

what plane do you have? most parkflyers can be flown at a base diamond or 2. if its something faster like a projeti or hawk then you'll need to find a little more room if your new to the hobby. I have no problems keeping my projeti in a single base ball field or football field.

let us know what plane your talking about.
Old 03-25-2003, 04:23 PM
cwat212

I fly my park flyer in the community soccer fields. I have not had a problem yet.

Are you in Northdale? Try the Little League fields.
Old 03-25-2003, 05:43 PM
Darkus

Yep, I'm in Northdale. What's usually a good time to try the soccer fields? It's been packed the last 2 weekends.

Oh ,and it's an Aerobird, but I've already got plans to get a 4-channel once I find a place to fly it.
Old 03-25-2003, 06:18 PM
cwat212

I just check the fields by my house out on my way home from work. If they are empty I stop. Usually before 5:30pm. I live on the other side of town from you.