Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

United Hobbies

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 12:24 PM
mackey1
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default United Hobbies

Hi,

Just having placed and received two orders from United Hobbies, I got junk both times. First order the motor mount was drilled with the holes so close together you couldn't get your mounting screws in. Second order just arrived with a 3 cell 800 mah LiPo with a dead cell. Yes, they say "return it for our inspection" but postage and customs forms to Hong Kong make this financially out of the question. Costs as much to ship, etc as the battery in the first place. They don't seem to understand English when you email them. Or they are just giving me the run around. Make your own decisions as to whether or not you want to buy from them.

Bill
Old 11-21-2007, 01:31 PM
Sir Raleigh

Default RE: United Hobbies

I haven't ordered anything from them yet, but I think that whatever I do order will be just throwaways.
Like you said, the return will probably cost more that the product anyway.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:45 PM
Bad_Daddy

United Hobbies had a US customer return address, so you didn't need to return it to Hong Kong. Did you call and talk to their customer service rep, or just post your rant here instead?
I have ordered and received hundreds of dolllars worth of stuff from them, with a half-dozen orders in the 6 months, and not a single product had any problems, including the LiPos.
I did, however buy a Lipo from my LHS that had a dead cell, and he told me to pi$$ off and contact the manufacturer for a replacement. []
Old 11-21-2007, 10:28 PM
bobferguson

I have placed 12 orders in the last year with only one problem. One motor came without a prop adapter. One e-mail and they shipped it right out to me. I have not tried their lipo's.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:14 PM
pvt.parts_usmc

ive got good stuff from them, its the "wait" i dont like, but a lil'waiting ok for the bargins they have
Old 11-23-2007, 02:29 PM
whitecrest

I've ordered several items from them without any problems. For items with small physical size and weight (speed controls, motors, connectors, shrink tubing, clevises, etc.) the shipping is very reasonable, as are the prices. They must be selling a lot of stuff because many things are sold out fairly rapidly. I would recommend using PayPal to order, and hold off on ordering anything that is on backorder until they are restocked to avoid a shipping delay. Shipping times have been reasonable. It will take a little longer than something ordered domestically.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:48 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

mackey, call or e-mail customer service. They know about the bad packs. They do not require you to send them back. All you'll need to do is send them a photo of the pack, and they'll need your order number.

Quite a few of my club mates had gotten bad packs from them, they've (U/H) been more then helpful in getting the packs replaced.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:10 AM
propjobbill

It is good to know that you can get return service with out having to send things back to china. I have ordered from them 4 or five times. I have only spent about $200.00 but so far I have been pleased with everything that I've bought
Old 12-01-2007, 03:49 PM
ozrcboy

My UH experience has been positive so far (4 or 5 orders - $200ish).