Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Tx ?'S

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 02:09 PM
SlabBro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tx ?'S

I have an E-Flite cp pro radio system in fine shape but i know the channels are mixed in the radio, or receiver, and would like to know how to get just the standard controls and do away with the mixing. Would really appreciate the input. it's for a foamie i'm building for my 8 year old copilot. thanks guys
Old 12-02-2007, 02:26 PM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Tx ?'S

I've been worng before, but I think the only way is to buy another radio...........
Old 12-03-2007, 02:39 AM
mrasmm

yeah, that's basically it =)

the ccpm is built into the Tx. If it's 4ch you can get a radio for a cx (not the cx2 unless you have a dsm2 receiver like the ar6100e for example) for about $50 bucks that runs on the reg 72mhz, and in that case you could use the receiver off of the cpp. Alternatively you can get a decent radio on ebay for about the same money that would do the same thing =) You can even get older computer radios like the flash series by hitec for that price.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:19 PM
aeajr

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Radios are real cheap these days. In fact, in some packages the 3 and 4 channel radios are basically free, so don't fret over that RTF radio.

What are you thinking about for your next plane?

What type of flying interests you?
Old 12-10-2007, 07:02 AM
SlabBro

Yeah, they are gettin cheaper. The next project in Feb is a Gene Saucy 1/4 scale extra fron GP. Putting a 3250 Super tiger in it with the dx7 radio sys. Ialso fly indoor electric, helis, and thinking on joining the SPA to try alittle pattern comp. Deffinatley like the planes better than helis though. Got acx2 also, might just buy a spec rx for it. later all
Old 12-10-2007, 07:41 AM
aeajr

So you already have a DX7? Sounds like you are all set.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:56 AM
SlabBro

Unfortunatley i wont have the dx7 till i order the extra. using a 6ex right now. Converting all mine to 2.4 and my nine year old who flies gets my 6ex for his planes
Old 12-10-2007, 08:34 AM
aeajr

While not as feature rich as the DX7, the 6EX is adequate for most planes. He will have a great radio and won't have to worry about channel conflict. In fact he may ask you one day, "Daddy, what is channel conflict?"
Old 12-10-2007, 01:47 PM
Tall Paul

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The eFlitte CP transmitter can be used for a 2-channel glider. Aileron-elevator or rudder-elevator. I have used mine this way.
The CCPM mixing makes it unusable for a 3-channel plane, as moving what would be the throttle lever also mixes with the aileron-elevator channels.