Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Cox Warbird 12v DC charger

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 05:57 PM
astrohound24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cox Warbird 12v DC charger

Hello everyone,

Well I got my warbird out of the box today only to find that my 12v charger is not functioning. It does not look like much. What options do I have besides sending this thing back. Is there a field charger I can buy that would be better in the long run to charge all my planes that I might buy in the future. This may sound crazy, but how do you get around the different plug ends for different planes? Do you wire them up yourself? Looks like you would have to. Also, anybody that has flown the Cox warbird corsair please chime in with any advice for a guy just starting out. I have yet to fly a plane by the way. I am brand new to this. Thanks so much for any advice you can give. I really look forward to getting started in this hobby. My son is 3 years and 5 months old. He is so excited about this airplane. You would be surprised just how aware he is of the fact that we will be flying it for the first time. Thanks again!

Greg M.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:35 AM
Leo L

Default RE: Cox Warbird 12v DC charger

Hi Greg,

Welcome to R/C flying!

I would suggest sending the plane back to get one with a working charger. Many of the low cost planes come with cheap chargers that frequently don't work properly, so its a good idea to get a quality charger as well. Since different manufacturers use a variety of connectors, unless you plan on sticking with only one manufacturer you will need to make adapters for the various plugs, or standardize on a type of plug and change all of your planes and batteries to that standard. The plug that is "standard" to most flyers is the Dean Ultra. This is the charger that I use: http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=DYN4053
and these are the connectors: http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=WSD1300

Warbirds are very hard planes to fly. I suggest that you don't start with the warbird, but get a good beginner plane. The best is the SuperCub: http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=HBZ7100
Old 12-29-2007, 11:53 AM
astrohound24

Default RE: Cox Warbird 12v DC charger

Hello,

Thanks for the info. I am going to buy a Super Cub today. I will save the warbird for some other day. I will call Cox and see if they will send me another charger. I will fly the cub later today hopefully.

Greg M.