Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

t-28 emits high-pitched squeal/tone?!

Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

t-28 emits high-pitched squeal/tone?!

Old 02-01-2008, 07:30 PM
rob737
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t-28 emits high-pitched squeal/tone?!

hello friends........i just assmebled my new parkzone t-28. when i power it up, after it makes the appropriate beeps, the model emits a very load high-pitched tone, or squeal. i called horizon, and even let them listen to the sound over the phone. the said it was not normal, but it was probably just the digital servos trying to center themselves. they also mentioned that once i am outside the noise won't bother me! well, thanks for that! the noise is so loud that it bothers my ears when i tinker with the model. all controls operate normally, and there is no sign of binding anywhere. should i be concerned about this? i have not flown the model yet........ thanks to all who reply! rob
Old 02-02-2008, 11:43 AM
Flypaper 2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: t-28 emits high-pitched squeal/tone?!

Does it do it with the motor disconnected??
Old 02-02-2008, 01:15 PM
rob737

good idea, but no. it does seem to change as i work the servos.....so it seems like horizon is correct. my concern is wheather or not it's normal for this to be happening. i flew it today for the first time, all went well........still squealing though!
Old 02-02-2008, 02:08 PM
Flypaper 2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sometimes a servo with a load on it will make a buzzing noise. If you move the control surfaces, does one of them change the noise when you move it.?? Some servos will buzz till the pot in it wears in a bit, then quits. If you find which one it is, take the servo arm off and see how much it takes to move the surface. If it is tight, move it back and forth for a while to see if it will loosen up.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:40 PM
rob737

thanks, will do. i kind of thought it was the rudder/nose wheel servo. i disconnected the nose wheel push rod to see if the noise would go away....it didn't. the noise definately changes when i move the servos around, i'll try to figure out which one(s) it is........thanks again......rob
Old 02-05-2008, 06:33 AM
jbflier

rob737; All digital servos emit a tone,(not necessarily a squeal) but a sound that is normal to these servos................
Old 02-09-2008, 12:27 PM
matoran629

My T-28 does the same thing. I've been wondering about that for a long time. It is really annoying when you can't get that high pitched tone to shut up. My Parkzone Cessna 210 doesn't do that. But overall I love my T-28. Flew it twice, had two crashes. Wing came off on second flight[&o] I repaired it, and it will fly again. I don't like the squeal though. Also, when I turn my transmitter onto high rates, when I move the aileron, it makes a really weird humming sound. I am new to the hobby, so I don't know what servos are supposed to sound like. Yay for the T-28.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:43 PM
se73

My T-28 had the same problem with squealing servos. The elevator servo started hanging-up after approx. 10 flights resulting in a couple of minor crashes. I replaced the servos with e-flight S-75 servos and have not had a problem with performance nor the irritating squeal since. I know this is an expensive solution, but it has worked well for me.
Old 02-16-2008, 02:43 PM
rob737

looks like i am not the only one who has noticed this. my plane flys great, otherwise, and i love it. i too had the wing pop off (not the best landing on rough ground). i just epoxied the wing attatchment points back onto the fuselage and it is up and flying again. thanks for the info! rob
Old 10-19-2011, 07:19 AM
Tom Nied

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Interesting. My S.E.5a WWI BNF by ParkZone makes the same described tone.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:27 AM
aero550

I think it's normal. I have both the T-28 and the Stinson Reliant andthey both make the noise in varying degrees at different times. I don't worry about it.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:25 PM
CBM Racing

With digital servos, the god awefull noise is normal. But horizon is correct that once in the air you will never hear it. If you hear the sound while flying, you best be ducking and running, heheh.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:42 AM
Tom Nied

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

I flew my S.E.5a WWI BNF by ParkZone, it has the high pitched sound, but no affect on the flight characteristics. In fact, it flew great.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:42 AM
leadfootdriver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol your servos are just singing, your aircraft is happy ha! This is a normal thing and I usually hear my servos sing the entire time while I fly my corsair, well when I did fly it I used to hear them. It has become an empty shell of an airframe now, all the electronis have been taken out to get stuck inside a guillows P-40 thats being built. The noise is a little annoying but eh after years of flying I'm used to this damn noise all digital servos make.