Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

I Hate Wind!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2003, 12:23 AM
screamindemon69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Hate Wind!!!!!

I own a firebird 2 and i have had absolutly ZERO calm days. i took it out once but broke a wing. i have been able to fly it, just not in a long long long LONG time!!!! How hard, fun, or miserable is it to fly in the wind with this plane?
Old 04-17-2003, 01:02 AM
Peter Khor
My Feedback: (4)

Default I Hate Wind!!!!!

For the FB 2, get the red speed wing AND the 5 cell battery pack - easily handles 12mph+ winds. The wing allows better wind penetration, and the 5 cell pack gives it a little more oomph and weight.
Old 04-17-2003, 01:45 AM
screamindemon69

Default I Hate Wind!!!!!

i have the battery pack, but when i asked the people at this hobby shop about the wing they had no idea what i was talking about. i'll try again and tell them that this wing does exist. thanks, now i know that there is such a thing and i'm not just crazy
Old 04-17-2003, 02:30 AM
darenm
My Feedback: (2)

Default I Hate Wind!!!!!

The optional red Speed Wing increases the Firebird II's speed by nearly 15%, allowing it to be operated in higher winds. Couple the wing with the optional 5-cell Battery and speeds increase by nearly 35%.
Old 04-17-2003, 11:12 AM
goofup

Default I Hate Wind!!!!!

Two thoughts:
1) Flying a FB on windy days is risky, especially since it doesn't have an elevator.

2) The question isn't whether the plane can handle some wind, the question is can you?
Old 04-17-2003, 08:57 PM
screamindemon69

Default I Hate Wind!!!!!

hey i can handle the wind, just read the quote at the bottom of this post. but i agree with you about being cautious. even though the fb is a relatively cheap plane, i still don't have 100+ bucks to spend. i'm 14 and mowing lawns only gets you so far. so about how fast are we talking about. i've heard that the fb can go about 20 mph without all the upgrades. is that accurate? hey, faster is better in my book. thanks too everyone who responded to this thread!