Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Novak Goat Brushed Brushless ESC

Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Novak Goat Brushed Brushless ESC

Old 02-16-2008, 02:45 AM
Supercharged6-71
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Novak Goat Brushed Brushless ESC

I purchased a Novak goat esc about 2 weeks ago. I installed this ESC in a Tamiya F350 Hi Lux.
This was a Plug and Play Esc. I have been using it and it works great, BUT, this is the But, But, I noticed it was coming loose from its servo tape. We have all been thier, mounted our ESC, to come back a few days or even a few min's later to see the ESC coming loose from the servo tape.
So I did what I am sure a lot of others do, reach for my can of electric motor cleaner, spray a little on a rag and wipe everything off reall good to get rid of all oils on the plastic parts.
This is when things went to H E double tooth picks. I picked up my ESC, got my servo tape and grabed my ESC and the hole bottom was cracked like a spyders web.
Know I have mounted many Novak ESC. I have always mounted them and cleaned the mounting area in just the way I discribed.
What went wrong, In my opinoin, with this hobby you need a product to stand up to not only the abuse of the sport but also to the maintance and cleaning that will have to be done.
If Novak or any other manufacture don't want us cleaning these Esc with anything, then they need to make a way to mount these parts with out the need of tape. This is my opinion.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:03 AM
Supercharged6-71
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Novak Goat Brushed Brushless ESC

I contacted novak on this, they where great. They sent me not one but two new replacement cases and no cost to me. I got these replacement cases within a few days of contacting them. Great customer service.