Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Securing Acromaster Battery

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 06:44 AM
Witterings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Securing Acromaster Battery

At the moment I've put Velcro - the fluffy rather than the clawed side - into the plane on the slop down in the fuselage heading towards the motor. The fluffy side of velcro after a while looses it's effectiveness and the battery came loose a while back mid flight and with the immediate new CG and flying like a pig could of lost the plane.

I replaced it with new velcro but it's getting to the stage the second set is loosing it's "stickiness" which happens to coincide with me buying a new set of batteries. When I put the velcro in the plane I also glue it in so it's not that easy to strip out and replace. The alternative is to put the fluffy side on the batteries and change that as it's more accessable but I'm not sure if peeling it off the thin plastice outer casing of the battery is going to cause the casing to split as it's not that strong and there are 4 batteries which I use in 2 different planes so will be forever changing it. Has anybody come up with any other "great ways" of securing batteries generally, in one of my others I use a vecro strap which helps but just with the layout of the Acromaster and the accessability doens't really appear possible to do. I wondered if anybody else may have come up with alternative mind blowing solutions
Cheers !!
N
Old 02-19-2008, 01:31 PM
-pkh-
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Securing Acromaster Battery

Maybe you need a better brand of Velcro. I use the hook side in the plane, and the loop side on the battery packs. If all else fails, get the heavy-duty stuff (also called 3M Dual Lock). The drawback with that is it's almost impossible to separate, and you may risk damaging your plane!

http://www.itapestore.com/index.asp?...n=Custom&ID=19
Old 02-20-2008, 05:45 AM
Witterings

Default RE: Securing Acromaster Battery

PKH
Thanks for that, I didn't realise you could get different strengths, in the short term I 've out the hooh side on the plane as that's not the side that wears out but also of the soft is the one that wears out if I'm using 4 batteries I've just divided the extent of wearby 4 straght off.
N