Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

e-flite p-47 set up?

Old 02-29-2008, 03:05 PM
rob737
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default e-flite p-47 set up?

hello friends! i ended up with an $180 dollar credit at the online rc business that i buy most of my stuff at (i returned a parkzone spitfire..that's a long story, and another post!). based on that experience, and my love of this airplane, i would like to get the eflite p-47. i saw one set up at my lhs and it looks great! seems like most on the forum like it too. here's the question: i have never set up a plane by myself, just bought rtf kits. i would like to use the batts and the tx box from my parkzone t-28. so, i just need to buy a speed control, esc, and three servos (and the y-harness), and a connector for the batt, right? i would like to use the stock brushed motor to keep the costs down and to keep the project simple. any help would be appreciated......i am looking forward to attempting this project! thanks.......rob

ps....if this project proves to be too difficult or go over my budget, i might go for the parkzone fw-190 rtf kit.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:16 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: e-flite p-47 set up?

rob, If the T28 receiver is set up for 3 wire servos, and not the old style 5 wire you should be ok.

The stock motor/prop will fly the Jug quite nicely. Do a water break in on the motor to make it more efficient and last longer.

If you hook up the rudder, you will need to rebalance her. Don't add weight, you can reposition the battery with a little foam cutting to achieve correct CG, either with the rudder hook up or not.

She's a sweetheart in the air. I never ever found a bad trait in mine. And when you step up to brushless and a lipo she becomes even better.

Do a little digging and you can find some forums devoted to her, here in the Park Flyers forum, and over on Watt Flyer I believe in both the P/F forum and warbird forums.

Give me a holler, there are a couple more items you'll need to address to make her an all around solid bird.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:29 PM
rob737

thanks for the info, ma'am. i did hunt around on the forums for info, and read posts too! also, there are a bunch of reviews in that section of the forum, all are highly favorable. i appreciate your offer to help, i'll take you up on that when i get closer to ordering. thanks again....rob
Old 02-29-2008, 04:35 PM
rob737

what's a water-break in? also, is it necesary to add the rudder? i have to admit i never touch it on my t-28. thanks......
Old 02-29-2008, 05:01 PM
rob737

i also have the parkzone cub bl box........it's the same one they use on their warbird series.......so, would it be easier to buy the esc/rc, a few servos......and do it that way? how would i hook up my lipos to that?