Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Electric Glider

Old 04-24-2003, 04:45 PM
TOPSIDE
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric Glider

I am in need of help in repairing an electric glider a young friend of mine bought to me asking for help. This is an older glider that uses one battery (7.2 v) to control both the Motor (a speed 500 I think) and the flying surfaces. I suspect that the start switch shorted out, and did damage to the controler. The unit has a relay on it that says NEC JAPAN with a number of MR 301 and OG4. I can still make the motor run by jumping the contacts, and I have drilled a small hole in the relay case and can make the motor run by depressing the relay manually. The Radio receiver works in all other modes when I put a servo on, so it is not the rx. Is there someone who works on these units, or has repair parts, or am I ahead to obtain another ESC. This young man is still in school, but an avid flyer when he has a chance. He is on a limited budget, so I am trying to keep it at a small cost. My knowledge of electric flyers is limited. Thanks for any Info.
Old 04-25-2003, 03:45 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric Glider

You may be further ahead getting a true ESC. This sounds like a glorified on/off switch. Something with a 30A rating should be adequate for 7.2V and a Speed 500 or 600 motor.

If you want to try replacing the relay, look up Mouser Electronics on the web. I'd dare say they have every relatively common part you can think of.