Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Starting in Electric

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 09:03 PM
Jus10
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting in Electric

Hello. I have quite a few questions. I've searched the forum and have come up with a bit of knowlege and some bits and pieces to questions I need to know before I go sink some money in this. Here it goes.

1. I'm used to flying glow. I'm looking for an electric that kinda like a glow super stick. Ability to fly slow and easy or wide open aerobatics. I don't think I could live without alerions. I've been looking and I haven't came up with a good solution. I don't want to put anything together... I want some flying time. I've been building a huge J3 Cub (.91 satio the works) for a long time. Mild assembly is fine, but no box of blasa sticks and planks :-P

2. I have a couple radios already. I would like to use them. Ones a Futaba basic 4ch. The other is a Futaba PCM 6ch heli/air radio. I think either one is fine correct?

3. I haven't been able to find if i can use the matching crystals from my other recievers in the micro rx's or do they use smaller crystals.

4. Is there a certain flight pack I should get? Or should I buy everything seperate. Since I already have a radio buying servos at a minimum of $22 is ex*****ve compaired to the flight packs with most everything. I'm lost in the area of batteries/servos/motors/rx/speed controler/charger for these planes.

5. I'll probably have to buy everything online. The only hobby shop near me is a hobby town. They carry a small amount of GWS stuff. Is there a really good one stop shop for all the equipment I need?

I guess one thing that would be helpfull is a parts list of what I need to get flying. I would rather not spend more than $200, but a bit more would be ok. (I already have the radio if they will be ok with these planes) If someone can help me out I would greatly apriciate it!

Jus10
Old 04-24-2003, 10:20 PM
Ryan Nau
My Feedback: (54)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting in Electric

Sounds like something you would be looking for is one of Gary Wrights planes. Go to www.gwmp.net and check them out. They all fly very well.
Go to www.hobby-lobby.com they also have a bunch of electric planes