Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

backyard plane?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 11:52 PM
paythemanning

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default backyard plane?

hey guys...im lookin for a plane to fly in my backyard. I used to have an aero ace and i liked it a lot but i want something a little more capable of doing other maneuvers. My back yard is kind of small (about the size of a basketball court, little bigger) i would also like to keep it under $200 what do you guys think? suggestions would help me a lot. is my yard too small? should i just get a heli? thanks
Old 03-16-2008, 12:06 AM
sharpshooter223

Default RE: backyard plane?

what kind of basketball court are you comparing to? a full sized basketball court i wouldnt consider a small backyard. and there are plenty of planes that can fly within a basketball court so i would say you are fairly safe with an indoor flyer that can handle outdoors if you are experienced enough.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:09 AM
paythemanning

more like a high school court. i guess its not that small but ive had the firebird commander before and it didnt last long cause i couldnt turn it in my yard.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:44 PM
wings 540

are you looking at an ARF, or RTF?
Old 03-16-2008, 12:45 PM
paythemanning

RTF
Old 03-16-2008, 12:59 PM
Sir Raleigh

I was going to recommend the Slow Stick, but since you want a RTF I'll suggest the Slo V RTF Electric by ParkZone.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=PKZ1300
Old 03-16-2008, 02:37 PM
wings 540

if you really want a backyard plane then get a parkzone micro Cessna or Catabria.

[link]http://www.parkzone.com/Search/Default.aspx?SearchTerm=pkz_mcit[/link]

[link]http://www.parkzone.com/Search/Default.aspx?SearchTerm=cessna[/link]

hope this helps!
Old 03-16-2008, 11:42 PM
paythemanning

hmm the slo v sares me and looks to heavy i think i would crash it a lot however the other suggested planes seem ideal for my situation thanks for all the help guys.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:54 PM
paythemanning

saw some vids on the micro cesna and they look sweet i def think thats the plane for me. is it capable of doing manuevers like loops and stuff if i get good enough?
Old 03-17-2008, 10:01 AM
Sir Raleigh

I'll bet it is the looks of the planes rather than the flying capabilities that you're basing your choice on. Those 2 planes are very small and light and just the slightest wind will blow it away from you.

The Slo-V is a very slow flying plane and isn't as fragile as it looks. I have a Slow Stick which is almost the same thing and love it. I can do loops, spins, and have even flown it upside down.

I like a plane I can fly, not one that just looks pretty. But, hey... That's just me.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:08 PM
Luv2Flyallday

OK, i have a micro cessna 210 from parkzone. It's very very very nice. It'll do stall turns, inverded flight, consecutive loops, and cruse real slow. There are some things to consider before buying one. If your not experianced, you may crash alot. Crashing with this thing doesn't seem to hurt it until you break the super super fragial tail or bend the thin wing. They're great if you don't have alot of wind. I'm not saying they wont fly in wind because the fly in wind good! lol. The thing weighs just over 1/2 ounce and i flew it in winds ranging from 1mph to up to 15 consecutive to 20mph gusts! Hard to belive but it fly.(couldn't turn or really do anything but nontheless, it flew!) Once you beat it up abit, you'll have to add some tape, foam safe ca, and this will hurt how it flys alot. I made some floats for mine which worked great! it carried em around great! But latly, i have added some ca to the tail because it broke from hanger rash, and somehow i stripped the servo slider gear. There is no way of getting a new one so.....when that happends...if it happends, you must order a new fuse with electronics and a wing and tail set.(a whole new plane minus the TX) But if you can keeep it safe, it is by far he funnest aircraft i have flown in 5years. I don't care how good you are, if your into flying slow, fast, 3ding, or W/E, this is one of the best things to get to have fun. I fly this thing at night. Fly it indoors in a gym! It's just a great plane till you crash it. O, and more advice. If you get this plane, get 2 more batteries. You can keep this thing in the air for over 20 min if you know how, but generally, you'll get 10-13min. It takes about 10 to charge the battery so go and get you 2 spares so you can fly consecutively! Super fun!! lol.