Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Servos on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2003, 01:18 AM
Toypainter
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servos on ebay

Has anybody bought any of the mini and micro servos from ebay user raidentech or linearalgebrapower?

http://cgi.*********/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&category=2563

http://cgi.*********/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&category=2563

I just wondered if they are any good. At $8.95 and $9.95 the price is definitely good.
Thanks,
Rob
Old 04-30-2003, 02:29 AM
Stingray42

Default Servos on ebay

I have bought from draganfly rc, (same servoes, different distributor) They are woth the price, I also have hitec HS55's (25 bucks or so) The 9 dollar ones are good for a plane you have little in, such a a HLG or small electric. The gears strip easy, and have decent torque. I bought 4 (2 for me 2 for a buddy) and 2 messed up, so I called the guys up, they sent out new ones free of charge. Highly recomend these guys on customer service

Hope this helps
Old 04-30-2003, 11:18 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Servos on ebay

I bought 4 of them from dragonfly too up in canada I think at like $12 I use them in my parkflyers, they have been fine so far 6 months or so....Rog
Old 05-01-2003, 01:06 AM
Toypainter

Default Servos on ebay

Thanks guys, I'll give them a try.
Rob
Old 05-01-2003, 12:08 PM
BoomZilla

Default Servos on ebay

I'd be a bit carefull. I bought some of these and the -12 version. They are OK for goofing around, but I wouldn't recommend them for a serious plane. The -09s have a really wide "dead band" and thus have a very jerky action. The -12s work like most other servos, except I had one fail on me. Turned out the contol horn screw was too long. When I tightend it down, it pushed the shaft out the other end of the head gear. This shaft is what gives the position feed-back to the motor controller. The result was that the trim kept drifting and then eventually the servo pegged to one end buzzing until I removed power.
Old 05-01-2003, 11:57 PM
Toypainter

Default Servos on ebay

BoomZilla, thanks. I was just going to use them in an experiment to try to put a "real" radio in my beat up Aerobird and swap the V tail for conventional rudder/ elevator.
Rob