Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

T-400 motors

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 02:44 AM
woolfster2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-400 motors

Having bought the red p-38 from Nitro Planes I'm looking for the best electric motors, they say use the t-400. Should I get these or use something different? What do you think?
Old 04-06-2008, 10:03 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: T-400 motors

Do you mean the 400T? Nitro specs out the weight of that plane at 4lbs and specs out .12 glow engines, so I'd look for something bigger to handle the power for a plane that size. A pair of Eflite Power 10 motors would be an easy, quality choice.

Looking for similar motors? Compare motors by physical dimensions, weight, and Kv rating. A slightly lower Kv will mean slightly less power with the same battery and prop, while a slightly higher Kv rating will mean more power. If they're more than 10% different (IMHO) you need to rethink the prop size, and maybe even the battery configuration.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:09 PM
flyboytha1
My Feedback: (30)

Default RE: T-400 motors

I Bought That Plane Also I Used (2) size .15 motors from E-Flite. The Plane Has Plenty Of POWER, I Have Yet To Full Power The Plane. There's PLENTY Of Power.