Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Top Flite Cessna 182

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2003, 11:31 PM
X-15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top Flite Cessna 182

Hi,
For a while, I have a Top Flite Cessna 182 stacked away, waiting to be build.
The Cessna is designed for a .61 to a .90. I was planning on putting a .61 in it, because I want to build, and fly it as scale like as possible, and not overpower it.
However, I really would like to put an electric motor in it. So I need a motor, gear???, propeller, ESC, and batteries. Brushless???? What is the best I can get these days to replace an OS .61? Any positive input would be really appreciated.
Wingspan: 81"
Wing Area: 906 sq in
Weight: 10-11lb

Thanks,
Patrick Saenen
Old 05-03-2003, 06:48 AM
RC_Eflyer-RCU

I'd take a look at the Hacker B50 XL series of motors, running 20-24 cells. I don't know the exact motor wind you'd want, you might call up Hacker Brushless USA and see what input they have.

Another option would be the Maxcim brushless motors, for 20-24 cells.

--Paul
Old 05-04-2003, 10:22 AM
stefanP
My Feedback: (2)

Pat here's my imput,First look over the kit.Remove and replace any heavy wood.Electric's don't viberate.Second my to choices for power are,www.maxcim.com or www.modelairtech.com Nice thing about either set up is that you can change gear ratio at the feild to fine tune prop selection. have fun,stefanP

P.S.Hi Paul