Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

A baffling servo issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 03:07 PM
medcinmn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A baffling servo issue

Up to this point, both my MUS and ME 540 have used the same stick inputs to do the same thing. I.E. I push the aileron stick right, the plane turns right (both planes). I took the electronics out of my ME 540 and put them into my new EF Extra 260. Set up the exact same (servo arms on the outboard side of the servo), when I push the stick right, the ailerons are going the opposite direction of my MUS. I look at the servos, and on the MUS (Futaba servos), they turn clockwise and on the 260 (HS-55's) they turn counter-clockwise. The only thing I changed was to remove the extension that connects the Y harness to the rx on the MUS.

I'm running a non-computer radio, and I know it's just a matter of changing the servo reversing switch on the tx, but this is driving me nuts! There's no reason for this to have happened (actually, there is, I just haven't figured it out yet).
Old 05-12-2008, 08:44 PM
medcinmn

Default RE: A baffling servo issue

Once again I'm a dummy. I've got to stop posting before I thoroughly research things...either that or I'm going to start drinking!

I looked again at my ME 540 and realized the servo arms are on the inboard side. On the Extra 260 and MUS they are on the outboard side. The Hi Tech and Futaba servos rotate opposite of each other, thus if the servo arms are on the opposite side, pushing the stick to the right will result in a right turn on either plane. However, with the servo arms on the outboard side of both planes, if they rotate opposite the planes will turn in opposite directions.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:42 AM
jzrf6c

Default RE: A baffling servo issue

Hey don't feel bad. We've all been there. Sometimes all it takes is just the fact we need to explain the problem to someone. And I believe that why we are here! Enjoy the hobby!