Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

ElectroStik tail wheel

Old 01-12-2012, 06:44 AM
Kwikfli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ElectroStik tail wheel

Can anyone tell me what is a suitable tail wheel bracket replacement for my ElectroStil? This thing has been nothing but a headache since day one.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:53 AM
Intruder38

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ElectroStik tail wheel

I agree with your judgment that the tailwheel is less than acceptable; I was rebending it into shape after almost every flight regardless of how good the landing was. After one not-so-good landing, I was faced with the choice of repair (beyond rebend, unfortunately) or replace. Nothing I found would replace the particular geometry of the Stik so I pulled out my soldering iron and replaced the mangled wire with slightly stiffer wire. That worked very well for the several flights I managed before attempting to fly with the wrong plane selected on my transmitter (there is little defense against terminal stupidity). Hope this (the wire replacement, not the transmitter thing) gives you another option.