Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Trojan problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 11:09 PM
NUMB LOCK
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trojan problems

Hello All,

Bought a T-28. On its maiden flight, I crashed it in strong winds. After repairing it, as soon as it takes off, about 3 ft into the air, the right wing dips down and it then crashes. It's done this twice. The only things I did before its maiden flight was to get a better battery (Flightpower 2100 mAh) and swap out the receiver with a spektrum 6100.

I posted the latest crash in the video section..."Trojan Crash"

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Bob I.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:01 AM
Dorsal
My Feedback: (17)

Default RE: Trojan problems

I would guess you have the ailerons reversed. When you push left with the aileron stick, the left aileron (as viewed from the back of the plane looking toward the front) must go UP.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:46 AM
NUMB LOCK
My Feedback: (3)

You were right...had the ailerons reversed :O Nice Call! Thx!
Old 06-29-2008, 01:50 AM
Dorsal
My Feedback: (17)

I only knew that because I've done it a few times. A dozen at most, I swear! [sm=47_47.gif]
Old 06-29-2008, 05:07 AM
phillipmorris

Wow, excellent ....another thing and sure you realize is be sure the ailerons are flush in the neutral position as also can give you fits, the T-28 flys like its on rails, I love that plane, just enjoying it at the moment with dozens of flights, it handles well....

Did fly mine in some winds last evening and took off but soon as airborn some gusts it did a turn around downwind almost decked it in but mangaged to reach airspeed then was fine, the landing was not easy as nearly had a fly away kept turning..but at last came in with heavy downstick to keep the nose from stalling...it will handle some wind but abit over my skill level, hi hi..was around 15 MPH with heavy gusts due to a front going thru...<>..