Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Wireing of 123 cells

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 02:05 PM
TedMo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wireing of 123 cells

I have 4 - 2300Ma 123 cells that are connected by means of a MEC Solderless power tube. I wish to charge them by using my FMA 10 s charger. I thought I could do so by chargeing through the discharge wires, not so must have a node connector wired to pack. Don't know how to wire this node to pack in order to do so. Since this a solderless tube that cells are installed in I wonder how to make a connection between cells? Can I solder directly to the terminals of the cells without destroying the cell? Or should I just place the bare end of wire between each cell? My concern is being sure I have good contact between each cell to provide the total voltage desired 13.2 volts.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:07 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wireing of 123 cells

I soldered the leads from the balance connector to small brass shim stock tabs and compressed them between the cells.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:01 PM
TedMo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Wireing of 123 cells

Thank you Red. I was considering just that myself. I have read many of your replies to others and consider your remarks very interesting as well as helpful.