Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

How to set two servos for Elevator(Hyperion Yak 54)

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

How to set two servos for Elevator(Hyperion Yak 54)

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 06:27 PM
Syed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to set two servos for Elevator(Hyperion Yak 54)

Hi there,

I have installed two servos for the elevator for my Hyperion Yak 54. I am not sure how to set both of them together. What is the best approach(inexpensive). I am using Futaba T7CAP transmitter with Hitec Electron 6 receiver and two waypoint servos. I would appreciate any help.

Thank you

Old 07-14-2008, 07:06 PM
jzrf6c

Default RE: How to set two servos for Elevator(Hyperion Yak 54)

I did this on my UCANDO by just using a y cable. But, you need to connect one servo to the bottom horn and the other to the top horn. This way they both push or pull the elevator in the same direction. I hope this makes sense.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:29 PM
Syed

I can't do that as there is no room for the horn or the pushrod on either side.

Thank you
Old 07-19-2008, 06:41 PM
mikekosatka
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You don'y use one servo for up and one for down...Never seen it that way. Two servos are used for a SPLIT elevator where the right and left elevator halfs can move independently, Primarily for higher torque. The servos are placed outside at the rear of the fusalage and short control rods connect to the elevator horns on the bottom, pushing and pulling. You can "y" them with a harness or use seperate channels for each, and program your radio to move them in unision, but you can also Mix them on the radio for special manouvers like a REALLY tight roll where the elevators mimic the airlons... one up and one down.
The only other way to use 2 servos is to "gang" them which is like running two batterys in parallel, typically inside the fusalage, and only on giant scale . Hope this helps
Mike