Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

lipos

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 12:15 PM
ditchdigger01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lipos

I hear rumors of a source for lipo's for cheap. I think there asian. anybody else know anything about these? know where I can get them, are they any good?
Old 08-31-2008, 12:50 PM
Sir Raleigh

Default RE: lipos

Hobby City maybe?

Can't seem to get the link to work. Try Googling "Hobby City". It'll be the first one.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:32 PM
TedMo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe good maybe not good. seems cheap is often decideing factor??? To me reputation is more important since I value my models a lot.
Old 08-31-2008, 04:28 PM
Sir Raleigh

If you can afford it that's great, but for those of us who are on a limited income and can only afford the "cheap" stuff so we can fly, I'll go "cheap".
Old 09-09-2008, 03:54 AM
Bozarth
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My buddy and I have ordered close to 75 lipos from Hobby City. Mostly 2cell 500 to 1300 mAh batteries (Loong version along with a few wrapped in purple or blue shrink wrap without a label.) We simply looked for the cheapest and Hobby City had them. They range from 12c to 20c. We use them in our full contact foamy combat heats and laugh our heads off. Batteries fall off, Motors fall off, but normally everything is repairable. We have dented many of the lipos but they keep on working. We also use CHEAP motors, esc, and servos from Hobby City for our combat.

I do not use them for my indoor pattern planes. I spend a few more bucks for the TP300 to 500 two cell series which are much lighter and have a higher c. But I would never put one of these on one of my foamy combat planes!

The cheap lipos (and servos, esc's, and motors) from Hobby City are exactly what you would expect, and are priced accordingly. Don't buy them for your high speed stryker or your ducted fan but buy them for your son's epp trainer and electric gliders. Cheap has a place!

Kurt