Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

AT-6 Elevator Servo Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 11:08 PM
Dads66

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AT-6 Elevator Servo Problem

I have an E-flite AT-6 Texan just finished, went together just great, however......the elevators are on separate servos & one has to be
reversed with a reversing "Y" harness. Problem is one elevator will work fine & the other one just 'quivers' if left at neutral. I have tried switching servos, switched leads, recentered all servos and nothing seems to work. Radio (DX-7) is set fine. I have even replaced the "Y" harness with a new one, no luck......................any ideas??????????????????

thanks,

Carl
Old 09-18-2008, 09:16 AM
jzrf6c

Default RE: AT-6 Elevator Servo Problem

Carl,

Are you sure the Y harness is for reversing? I just use a regular Y harness and rotate the one servo arm 180 degrees. I know they sell a reverser for servos but you need to set the "gain" on the unit before they work correctly.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:40 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

The problem with rotating the arm 180 degrees is that it can throw the geometry off and cause the elevators to move unevenly.

Rather than using a reversing Y harness, try putting the servo into channel 6 or 7 and setting up a mix. Some servos and reversing Y harnesses do not get along.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:08 AM
TedMo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds to me you have a bad servo? Anyway wish to caution you wioth your T-6. Great looking plane, I have one. Just be very careful about using too much up elevator, especially on take off. Once your up high check on what if anything happens with immediate full up, both in high and low speed. If it snaps (likely?) you must reduce throw. Be sure CG is not too far back. Good luck.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:33 AM
clh3

Yes it is a Reversing Y , but I guess I dont know how to set the gain. will try the mix fix & let you know......
Thanks

Carl