Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

WHY DID MY ESC DIE ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 07:33 AM
simmo8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHY DID MY ESC DIE ??

ok i am confused,, i just built me a new plane and i pluged the batery in and the esc started smoaking everything was positive to positive and negitive to negitive and everything was pluged in properly the it was a 25 amp esc and a 350mah 11.1 volt lipo batery,when i pluged in the batery the throtle was of and the prop was free to spin and it just smoked.it was the third time i had pluged the batery in within about 2 minuts but i duno if that would cause the esc to burn out any help as to why my esc died would be apreciated heeps
thanks

simmo
Old 09-20-2008, 10:24 AM
TedMo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: WHY DID MY ESC DIE ??

From what you say there's no reason for ESC to burn out. Only problem is you didn't say enough, TYPICAL. You did npt say what battery voltage was only that it was 350? MA. Sort of unusual size capacity?? Also ypou didn't say where you plugged ESC into? Also what kind of motor and ESC, brushed/ brushless? If anyone needs help they MUST provide info.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:35 AM
simmo8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WHY DID MY ESC DIE ??

the electrics are for a profile foamy thats why the batery is only 350 mah 11.1volts the esc was brushless with a brushless motor of ebay http://cgi.ebay.com.au/RC-EP-1300rpm...QQcmdZViewItem
the esc was pluged into the motor through the 3 esc plugs to the motor and the bec lead was pluged into the throtle port on my spectrum AR6100e receiver, the esc was out of a parkzone typhoon 3d so it does not realy have a brand name on it
thanks