Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

confused

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 10:54 AM
Barkston

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default confused

I am a new member to the forum and posted my 1st question. The question was not found any where and I am finding it difficult to ask anyone what have I done wrong?
I checked the member list and found I was listed so that was not a problem. Can anybody help? (I hope this gets through)
p.s. What is an 'AVATAR'?
Old 10-01-2008, 11:28 AM
Leo L

Default RE: confused

Hi Barkston,

Welcome to R/C flying and to the forums. Although you state that you are new to the forum, you don't indicate if you have any flying experience. If you have little or no experience, I suggest that you try posting on the "Beginners" forum.

Lately this forum has not been very active, so you might want to check out the "Wattflyer.com" forum, which is dedicated to electric flying. Another very popular forum is the "RCGroups.com" forum.

To answer your question about "AVATAR", I really don't know for sure because I have never spent the time to investigate, even though I have been a member of these three forums for the past three years. I believe that its the picture or saying that gets listed under your name.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:59 PM
jdetray

Welcome to RC Universe.

Something must have gone wrong to prevent your question from being posted. My advice is just to try again. This forum can be extremely helpful, so don't give up!

An avatar is a picture that you use to identify yourself in the forum, such as the picture of me on the left wearing the purple eyeglasses. Avatars are optional. You can add one by clicking on SETTINGS at the top right part of the page.

- Jeff
Old 10-02-2008, 07:45 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Barkston

I am a new member to the forum and posted my 1st question. The question was not found any where and I am finding it difficult to ask anyone what have I done wrong?
I checked the member list and found I was listed so that was not a problem. Can anybody help? (I hope this gets through)
p.s. What is an 'AVATAR'?

Looks like your 2nd attempt worked fine.

Welcome to the forums.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:11 PM
Barkston

Thanks everyone for the input, it was helpful. I'll look through 'wattflyer' & 'rcgroupes' as I am a beginner and 'over the water' I need some questions answered about compatible electrics between me over here and you over there.http://image2-0.rcuniverse.com/e1/forum/micons/m16.gif