Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Club Electric Flying Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 03:56 PM
darticus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Club Electric Flying Help

If anyone has a suggestion on how we can do this please respond. The local HS wants $350.00 plus $40.00 to AMA to use the gym once. This prohibits us from weekly or monthly fly's. Any thoughts? Thanks Ron
Old 10-10-2008, 06:51 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Club Electric Flying Help

Assuming the $40 is for AMA park pilot membership, yes?

It's not unreasonable for the school to demand that you provide proof of insurance. If you get hurt or hurt someone with your plane, or someone gets hurt while you're flying whether it's your fault or not, or even if it has nothing to do with the plane at all...

$350 is not bad. Some venues want up to $1000 per hour. If you can get 20-30 people to go in on this with you, you could afford to do it once a month. My club does something similar for about the same price. We get about 20 people on average.

One thing that seems common among people in this hobby is, they will pay hundreds or thousands of dollars on the planes, but when it comes to spending money on a place to fly... NO WAY!!! I don't understand it. Ask for $15 per pilot for 5 hours of indoor flying in a 150x250x50 building, and all you get is whining about how expensive it is, then they go fly their $250 plane.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:14 PM
cyclops2

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Club Electric Flying Help

Agreed Matt.

Gasoline is a rip off !!!!!!!!!!!

I got a bargin in Shoprite food store.
The jerks are selling 6 ounce plastic bottles of water for ONLY a $1.00 each.