Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

TURBULANCE?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 07:58 AM
darticus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TURBULANCE?

Is this what its called when your plane dips wobbles almost hovers going straight? I always flew during early morning and evening when breezes stopped and it was calm. I'm noticing that now in the early morning I don't see wind but its like the perfect storm with the plane dipping diving and bucking going forward Almost flipping and changing directions. Is this normal when winter is approaching. Is this hot and cold drafts? Is flying finished until next summer? WHATS THE DEAL?
Old 10-19-2008, 09:56 AM
digital_trucker

Default RE: TURBULANCE?

Heh, just because the wind is calm at ground level doesn't mean the wind isn't blowing higher up. The neat thing about airplanes is that they really don't know it's windy. As long as your airplane can fly faster than the wind can blow you can fly it...well, technically anyway. The wind is really only problematic if it's fast enough that you can't make much headway against it, or you have to deal with a gust at landing or takeoff. Some of the most fun flights I ever had was with a 1/2A Q-Tee in 15-20 MPH winds.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:06 AM
darticus

Really talking about only 10 -25 feet off the ground. Ron
Old 10-19-2008, 04:49 PM
rob737
My Feedback: (3)

to me it sounds like your plane's cg is way too far aft! check it's balance? is it porposeing up and down while you fly it? what kind of plane? r.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:56 PM
darticus

It flew fine for the last 3 months as is but the winter temps are coming at night. Maybe a temp problem. Thanks Ron
Old 10-20-2008, 08:32 AM
digital_trucker

I'd still double-check the balance, control systems (linkages and pushrods), and so forth. Temperature shouldn't affect the way a plane flies. Make sure something hasn't shifted or come loose on you.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:35 AM
darticus

I flew the same plane later in the day after temperature stabilized all day. 6pm flying just fine, no turbulent action. Ron