Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

4 servos

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2002, 04:27 PM
Jetmech-inactive

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 4 servos

How do you determine what size speed control can handle 4 micro servos as in some of the new 3d electrics.Is it just current draw or is there something else limiting the amount of servos a speed control can handle?
Old 03-19-2002, 04:46 PM
gjestico
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BEC limits

Basically it is the power dissipating capability of the BEC regulator
that comes into play. Most BEC's are rated for a max of 10 cells, and 1 amp(varies) , . If you use less cells, say 6 or 7, that represents less wasted voltage that the BEC has to dissipate to get down to the 5 volts it feeds to the reciever, So the amps drawn through the BEC could go slightly higher. Some ESC's have more robust BEC's than others.
The problem is your playing with fire if you are on the edge of its limits. Its best to err on the safe side.
Ive got a Hacker master series controller in my E3D with 10 cells and 4 servos with no problems
Old 03-19-2002, 09:53 PM
Jetmech-inactive

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thanks

Ok thanks for the info. I'am going to build the Laser and I think I'll use the jeti 35 rated for 4 servos and 35 amps.Exporing into new territory here.