Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

I dont get it ....!!!!!!

Old 12-01-2008, 11:06 PM
FlyingFish
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I dont get it ....!!!!!!

I have a slight glitch in my cap 232 airplane that suddenly causes the airplane to dive or climb for a second or so, I added a glitch reducer to the elevator servo, and the servo constantly chatters and glitches even worse now! I usually have good results with these glitch reducers, it worked wonders on my heli. Any Ideas out there as to why a glitch reducer would make the glitching worse?
Old 12-02-2008, 12:49 PM
-pkh-
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: I dont get it ....!!!!!!

It may be caused by linkage binding, a bad servo, or a receiver problem. If the elevator is the only servo glitching or chattering, make sure the elevator control rod is not binding, then swap in a known-good servo, and see if that solves the problem.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:18 PM
FlyingFish

linkage is not binding, and all radio equipment is brand new! Once in a while the rudder will glitch as well.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:18 PM
cyclops2

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

That is your problem!!!!!!!!!!

You have a brand new reject!!!!!!!

No bull !!!

Send all of the new stuff back for a refund.
DO NOT let them talk you into any thing less. Buy from some other place & hope they do not have any of the bad run of that brand.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:06 PM
FlyingFish

You know what, I think your right Cyclops2 !!!!!!!!!!! Today I took my other airplane out to the field, my Miss 2 Airplane from Hobby Lobby, its a completly different airplane, but it has the exact same radio (HiTec Laser 4) purchased on the same frequency 16, and the same exact thing happened, A glitch drove the elevator down causing a nose in crash for no reason! 2 seperate airplanes with 2 seperated radios both with the same problem ????????????.......[X(]
I said it before, I'll say it again, I DONT GET IT !!!

P.S. It seems to be a range problem, it only happens on both planes and both radios when the plane gets to a certian distance away, if i fly close by, the problems seems to be minimal or gone. Can I change the freqency Crystals in both Tx & Rx to a different channel, or does the radio need to be fine tuned after a crystal change by a qualified radio repair tech guy?.......[&o]

I've been flying Helicopters for years and never had this problem, I thought helis were supposed to be more troublesome than airplanes? Well Im holding a lite match very close to both these airplanes, in hopes someone can solve this problem before i burn them.....LOL
Old 12-07-2008, 08:04 PM
cyclops2

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I just answered another HITEC glitcher on the post above you. read his problem.

Did your 2 sets work OK for a long time & now both develope these range / glitch problems ?

If both were OK. I go for Jamming by a person or a microwave tower " splattering your field with glitching.

Take your wings off and test them at a DIFFERENT site. FAAARR away. Goverments & armed forces test jammers all the time.

......EDIT....... CAREFULLY with a magnifying glass if necessary. Check the WRITTEN frequency of all crystals. I misread ch 18 as ch 16. MAKE SURE the TRX crystals are in the trans. Call or EMAIL ....HITEC. They may have your problem already.
Please post back for others

DO NOT TRY TO FLY UNTILL you gear works on the ground or a table with a rope holding the plane in place

I am assuming your batteries & charger are fine.

I forgot. Both new. Send them bak NOW. You will only damage servos gear teeth if they chatter a lot . Rapid yanking the gears at maximum ruins them. Send everything back.

Post back

Rich