Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

RC Nitro Plane Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 08:25 AM
bushgirl001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC Nitro Plane Help

HI,
Does anyone know where i can get standard servos and retract servos and receivers for the RC Nitro P-15D Mustang
i bought not long ago? I already have a transmitter (spectrum Dx7). All i need is the servos and the receivers.
Can i buy them in a kit or do i need to buy them separately.
Is there anyone who can please help me?
Old 12-28-2008, 04:35 PM
richg99

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: RC Nitro Plane Help

Virtually all of the Spektrum receivers will work with your DX7..some do more and have additional range etc. AR6000 AR6100 AR6200 etc... Servos...I don't know the size and thrust requirements to give any valid advice. Rich
Old 12-29-2008, 09:52 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

bushgirl001, have you flown before?

You'll have to check around with hobby suppliers in Australia to see if they offer flight packs for your Spektrum transmitter. Regardless, you will probably need to buy the retract servo separately. Frankly, most people buy their favorite servos and receiver separately to get what they want.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:19 PM
Stuntpilot51

Bushgirl,
Not knowing the size of your P-51 this would be the lowest priced standard size servo's for the spektrum TX. The retract servo is just the standard size for mechanical retracts, if you have a pneumatic retract system a standard 821 will work. As stated any spektrum RX will work, this is the RX that comes with the transmitter you have, you will need at least a 5 channel RX with the retracts and a 6 channel if you also have flaps.
If your plane is over 10 pounds, you might consider a little better servo.

You should be able to find all of this at a local hobby store down under in your part of the world, otherwise I'm sure Horizon will ship to Australia.

Standard servo's
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=JRPS821

Retract servo,
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=JRPS791

Receiver,
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=SPM6070