Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

ELECTRIC MICRO-TELEMASTER SETUP - please help

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

ELECTRIC MICRO-TELEMASTER SETUP - please help

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 01:05 AM
shd3920

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ELECTRIC MICRO-TELEMASTER SETUP - please help

I have a friend who wants to purchase the [link=http://www.hobby-lobby.com/micro-telemaster.htm]Micro-Telemaster[/link] and wants to know if this [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W=001058804&I=LXWK48&P=K]Great Planes ElectriFly T-280GD[/link] and [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W=001058804&I=LXHHU5&P=K]GWS 7-Cell 8.4V 750mAh NiMH JST [/link] will be enough to power it.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:38 PM
shd3920

Default RE: ELECTRIC MICRO-TELEMASTER SETUP

With me not getting answers, he is going to take his chance and purchase the items and hope they are compatible. He doesn't want to wait too much longer, he is planning on ordering them after the New Year's day, unless someone here tells him them won't work good together.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:13 AM
teachseventh

Default RE: ELECTRIC MICRO-TELEMASTER SETUP - please help

Hello,

At $28 the kit is a good buy, but I could not recommend putting $50 or $60 into a brushed motor system that will have marginal performance. For the same dollars build the kit but consider one of the economical outrunner models and associated lithium power packs and brushless controller. Check out www.commonsenserc.com or www.bphobbies.com or www.2dogrc.com for economical pricing. A poor performing beginner plane can turn someone off to the hobby and rob much of the joy that could other wise be expected.

Hope that helps,

Joe Ross

Old 01-05-2009, 04:03 PM
fly20
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: ELECTRIC MICRO-TELEMASTER SETUP - please help

I flew mine with the bp2204-19 [available ay bp hobbies for $17.95] and a small lipo 2 cell in the 500-800 mah range and loved it.