Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Aerobird propeller upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 01:39 PM
Chris07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerobird propeller upgrade?

I know this may sound crazy, but I was wondering if I could find a prop to put on my aerobird to get a little more speed out of it? Its impossible for me to put a longer prop on it because it would hit the carbon fiber stick. Do they make a prop that has a steeper pitch? I have a hard time finding a prop because I am not sure on the mounting. The aerobird prop just slides over the motor shaft. Is this standard on direct drive electric motor props?
Old 06-04-2003, 02:42 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default Aerobird propeller upgrade?

No, it's not standard. Nearly all "real" propellers require some sort of adapter that installs on the motor shaft before the prop can be installed.

You have to be careful about swapping props on an electric power system. It's generally not a good idea to change one aspect without making sure it won't throw the rest of the system out of spec. A prop with a larger diameter or more pitch will cause the motor to draw more Amps, which may overload the speed controller and/or the battery. In your quest for more speed, you could easily destroy the airplane!

Unfortunately, I have no idea what size those propellers are, so I can't make a recommendation on what propellers may be appropriate for your application.
Old 06-06-2003, 01:08 PM
Screamin_Injun

Default Aerobird speed

I know you probably know this already Chris but simply getting the 7 cell battery will give you noticable speed without risking frying your motor up. I have the 7 cell and the speed is very noticable. Also, trim out your planes tail with the two bottom orange screws so the plane flys level (both screws tight as possible) and you will notice a little speed increase too. Hope this helps :stupid: PS I love the Aerobird :thumbup: