Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

newbie qestions...:

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2003, 12:51 PM
mikejhs82-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie qestions...:

OK heres the deal. I would like to experiment with electric. I own a few components and have car related experience. What i lack is knowing what plane the stuff i own can fly. Here is what i have:

1- Multiplex 40/16 multicont Electronic speed control.
4- 7.2 v (6 cell) dynamite sport packs from tower hobbies (for my HPI cars)
2- 7.2 v 600 mah ("AA" size) packs bought off the close out rack at my local radio shack..new but older.
2 8.4 v ni-mh packs form the merlin sold by megatech ( mine is crashed) needs a new prop shaft(one of these days)
2- 9.6 volt radio shack car packs the flat ones (new)
I have 2 Tekin chargers the bc-112 and 100 I do need to find the firmware upgrade for the bc-112... to do ni-mh.
I have some car motors. and some misc electric related hardware....props,adapters..etc..
I have all regular radio gear, no micros or mini stuff...
I own a merlin park flyer that is broke (listed above..hehe) and a commander sold by horizon the foam 2 channel thing.

I want to know what plane/s i can fly with this stuff. dont want to invest a large amount of money in it...I am an accomplished glow pilot so any type aircraft is fine...

i like warbirds and biplanes....and dont mind scratchbuilding... if anyone has plans...)

I dont want to make this letter to long but I would really appreciate any and all help i might receive!!!!!

thanks in advance to all who reply !!!
Old 06-09-2003, 02:57 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie qestions...:

You certainly have an ecclectic mix of stuff... The big 6-cell packs are pretty much useless by themselves. Too heavy for what little power they can produce. If you cut them apart and assembled 8, 10, and/or 12-cell packs out of them you could fly some pretty large planes, up to .25-size. AA cells in general are pretty much useless as well; they have too high of an internal resistance and can't produce the Amps necessary to fly a plane big enough to carry them. Most car motors do not make good airplane motors, but some do. Check out http://www.gwmp.net.