Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

HOBBYCITY SUCKS (HONGKONG)

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 12:15 PM
alexandre

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HOBBYCITY SUCKS (HONGKONG)

He is talking about the airplanes )

By the way, the www.unitedhobbies.com goes to HobbycCitty website so I guess it's the same compagnie.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:18 PM
rcmiket

ORIGINAL: Edge 540

I HAVE BEEN USING UNITEDHOBBIES SINCE THEY HAVE BEEN AROUND, AND HAVE SPENT $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ OF DOLLARS WITH THEM. THEY HAVE ALWAYS TREATED ME WITH RESPECT, AND FAST SUPPORT. I WILL CONTINUE TO PURCHASE FROM THEM, AND SUGGEST MANY MORE PEOPLE DO THE SAME !!!!!!!

LETS KEEP THEM AROUND AS LONG AS WE CAN !!!!!!!

How did you get that (airplanes) out of this?
Mike

Old 04-09-2009, 12:28 PM
alexandre

Keep the airplane flying around before it crash of fies away !

That way a joke, I know my joke are lame, sorry )
Old 04-09-2009, 12:29 PM
bassmanh
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hi,

well below is my tracking info from HC =

Posting Date Posting Time Drop-off Point
6-Apr-2009 19:26 Pick Up Service

Date # Location Delivery Status
6-Apr-2009 Hong Kong Item posted and is being processed.
6-Apr-2009 Hong Kong Processed for departure.
6-Apr-2009 Hong Kong The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 7-Apr-2009
7-Apr-2009 United States of America Arrived and is being processed.
7-Apr-2009 United States of America Pending customs inspection.
8-Apr-2009 United States of America In transit.
9-Apr-2009 United States of America Arrived the delivery office and is being processed

looks like decent speed for processing and shipping coming from hong kong. as long as the batteries are good and do what they are supposed to i will try more.

EDIT mail just came and guess what there was my package just signed for it and everything looks great will check pack volts right away

bassman
Old 04-09-2009, 01:03 PM
beau0090_99

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think there is a fundamental assumption here that regardless of the price you pay for shipping and handling, that your order should be picked and packed and shipped first come first serve, but that is simply not the case today with many retailers, hobby related or otherwise. If you pay for overnight service, you will move to the head of the line, and if you choose the cheap way, you will wait. This is because you are paying for Shipping AND Handling, not just Shipping.
I wish everyone good luck with their purchases, mine has been great.
Curtis
Old 04-09-2009, 01:18 PM
rcmiket

Great point.
Mike
Old 04-09-2009, 02:35 PM
hdpartman
My Feedback: (35)

Hey Alex; I can't believe this is still going on. I truly believe you are secretly suck the life juices from this this forum and inhaling all to make you more powerful. Ha Ha Ha, just kidding but this is going on a bit.

I have what you really wanted PROOF that HC is favoring the rich and leaving the rest to be stuck in the mud. Sunday the 4, I placed 3 orders please do not ask why. No I will tell you the first order is for a buddy of mine that never cares when his order arrives, or it may be possible down deep he's too cheap. He ordered 6 flight max battery's for his 500 heli. This is all that is in the order, it was placed about 10 am Est. My orders were placed much later in the night about 9 pm Est. I found that a set of 6 zippys R's that I wanted were all sold out............. Upset with my self I went about ordering my other items and decided to just purchase 4. Flight Max battery packs. Those are the nice ones I was originally waiting for my use. (flightMax 2200 3s1p 30C) Very nice batteries at under $25.00 a good deal........... But the zippy R's were out of Korea, not China. They seem to be very fimilar to me from an other source. A source I used to use when I was not afraid to pay $75.00 for a 3S pack. Oh Well [] I just had to settle for the flight Max, remember the packs I had been waiting for for 3 months, yes those. Finished the order, $6.00 more for Express. DO IT, yes I paid the higher amount. As soon as I was done paying and going back to the HC web site to print a confirmation. Smack me hard, no harder right there in front of my eyes the white no label battery was available. Yes, there were 7 available, had to have them I ordered 6 sets[sm=49_49.gif]. Was I bad, spent next months allowance............... Oh, yes they also were shipped express.

1 order ship registered air and 2 orders shipped express.
Last night was the fist movement I saw on my HC on my orders.

We did a job on these guys over the weekend, and everything is running slow. With all of the new batteries that came in to stock last Friday, they have been jammed.......

Now remember my express shipment carries the same a exact batteries, as my buddy wants.

All 3 orders sat under the banner as being processed. It shows finally that my express orders are in the post office and being shipped to the USA last evening. The other air flight is still sitting in "processing". I figure the normal time for express is 3 days............. Well that did not happen, its already 4 days. My registered Air mail shipment normally takes, I find takes 10 days.......

Could be longer this week......

My Buddy is not going anywhere and not concerned. I will let you guys go and keep you informed on how this works out.
But it seems that the orders spending the extra money, does improve movement on the ground prior to being placed in the plane to us. YES I believe that purchasing express shipping get's preferential treatment.

Good luck

Safe Flying n' Enjoy
Al
Old 04-09-2009, 04:07 PM
Edge 540
My Feedback: (2)

No, Just seems like every good resteraunt or hobby store or whatever closes. I hope they around " Long Time "

Old 04-09-2009, 04:37 PM
hdpartman
My Feedback: (35)

I also agree Matt, but we all have to cave in and still support our own LHS. With the economy stays like this, who knows HC may be local hobby store.

Al
Old 04-13-2009, 08:07 AM
alexandre

FINALY ! MY ORDER PLACER ON APRIL 01 IS SHIPPED (13 days to procces it !)

Hi
This is an email to inform you that your item has been dispatched from our warehouse.
YOUR ORDER ID: 200417700
ALWAYS QUOTE YOUR ORDER ID WHEN YOU EMAIL US

YOUR ORDER MAY TAKE UP TO 45 DAYS TO ARRIVE.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:22 AM
rcmiket

Now you have something else to complain about. Isn't life grand?
Old 04-13-2009, 08:46 AM
alexandre

Yes ! I do !!!!!!!

I went to the bike store trying to get a brand new motorcycle that will cost me less that my 20 years old (V6 3.8L) van to go to work.
When I came in the store there was NO prices on ANY motorcycles !!!!
I asked the price for a little Kawasaki 250cc, the guy told me $4.999, so, plus taxes that makes $5348, not a bad deal !
At the time to pay for the bike, I got some surprises !!!!!

Well, you have to had an extra $460 for the bike's shipping,
- oh, I don't want it to be shipped, I will drive it home.
No, the $460 is the shipping cost from Kawasaki warehouse to our store !
And also there is $288 fees to prepare the bike (you know, charge the battery and put some oil in the engine)
- man, the oil is getting expensive !
And also $90 for the paperworks.
- That's it ?
No, also $1 taxes for each tires and $2.5 for the battey disposale fees.

So the $5348 became $6249 is less than a minute !

**** ALL THE CARS AND MOTORCYCLES DEALERS
Old 04-13-2009, 08:53 AM
rcmiket

Thank God I was getting concerned. Mike
Old 04-13-2009, 11:54 AM
HEMICUDA

Alex,

I hope you didn't buy the bike. There are dealers out there that don't charge bike set up fees, and
if they do you should buy from them. Delivery fees are another issue, we pay them on our cars and
trucks just to come from Detroit or wherever they come from. But remember, this is a buyers market,
especially if you have money or credit in hand. The dealers need you more then you need them right
now. If the bike dealer won't negotiate find one that will. I never bought a car used or new, that I
didn't have come with a full tank of gas either. Before everything is signed tell them to fill it up,
if they say no, walk out. They're not going to lose a big sale over some gas, especially on a bike...
$10 - $15 tops, unless they're idiots.

Hemicuda
Old 04-13-2009, 12:35 PM
alexandre

No,
I did not buy the bike.
I come from Europe (I already hear peoples saying, "well get back there if you don't like USA").
I always bought new motorcycles, in Europe stores (at least in France) it is a mendatory for the dealer to put the "clé en main" price on the bike (the final total you have to pay to get the bike, including all taxes).
The tag also show the bikes's caracteristics and performances.
At the USA store I went to see someone and asked why there was no prices on any bikes and why the dealer gave me only the manufacturer price.
They said (she) that if I see $17.000 on a bike I will never buy it, but if I seat on a table with the dealer, he will find a way to finance the $17.000
I am 42 years old and I know what a $ is, if I like a motorcycle but I know that I can't afford it, well I get a cheaper one, that still will carry me from a point to an other one !
This experience will probably seems to have no importance to many of you guys, but I think that it's highlight one of the reasons why USA economy is so bad, we lost the meaning of money, we see peoples wining millions dollars on TV or lottery eveydays, we see celebrities making millions dollars a year.
So we take that as an escuse to hide from ourselves that was don't make that much money and get in debts very easily.
When we go in a store, we don't see vendors, but credit peoples, most of the time they don't know much about what they are selling.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:58 AM
HEMICUDA

alex,

I agree with everything you said, but you can still barter on the price of certain things. Especiallly
big ticket items like autos and the like. Some dealers are better than others.

Hemicuda
Old 07-02-2009, 09:15 AM
gittarpikk

ORIGINAL: hdpartman

Make sure all of your order is in stock. HL does not ship partial orders. I ordered about 30 different items just before X-mass, the order sat 2 weeks with no movement. I checked out my order only to find a $1.09 part was not in stock. I canceled that item my order was processed that day............. Shipment arrived in 6 days. Good Luck, hdpartman

I too felt the same toward HK when I went through the very identical situation as the quoted post....I think HK should notify ever buyer that an out of stock item WILL delay your order. The live chat person also seemed quite stressed. ...which did not help matters. HK has some good stuff ( a lot of) and some raunchy stuff.(mostly not suited for application) and my opinion on a scale of 1-10 would be 8. Communication IMO should be at the top of their "to do" improvement list.

I was needing my parts for a special project and needed them THEN..and payed the extra shipping for speedy delivery...which was annulled by the unknown "out of stock" delay of (get this !)..a single GWS prop 8x3)...go figure. The prop was in stock when ordered, but due to a inadvertent payment error (wrong account...my bad) became out of stock on order reissue. Total time from original order to delivery...about 30 days....I was screamin'
Old 07-02-2009, 09:56 AM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I placed an order for a few props, I did not realise I ordered one which was out of stock. I waited for the stuff to come then later realised it was out of stock. I contacted HC and told them to drop the last item, not keen on a refund even. They sorted me out and gave me a store credit which was by way of a discount code. All sorted out within a couple of days.