Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Super Aviator

Old 03-22-2002, 10:30 PM
Bishop_tek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Aviator

I'm thinking of buying the Super Aviator from draganfly.com http://www.draganfly.com/superaviator.php and i couldn't find a review on this plane anywhere. I want to know if its worth the $178 or should i get the Sky Scooter which i heard a lot about. Also this will be my first RC plane and the website says the SA has trained many RC pilots but i need an opinion from someone who has bought and flown it.

Thanks
Old 03-23-2002, 01:23 AM
RC_Eflyer-RCU

Default Super Aviator

Personally I would go with the Sky Scooter Pro instead. It is a much better plane. The other thing is that once you destroy the Sky Scooter, you can use that radio gear in another plane. I have a feeling that the other plane has a radio system that is pretty much un-useable on another plane. That and a Hitec radio is a very good radio for the money. Buy Cheap, buy twice.

Hitec Sky Scooter is my vote.

-Paul
Old 09-13-2004, 04:47 PM
freakyfrog2004

Default RE: Super Aviator

I am also a newbie and am confused. I want a good radio so I wont have to buy a new one again, but I don't like the sky scooter because it doesn't have landing gear and taking off and landing seems like the best thing about r/c planes. Which one should I get and if you know of a better plane that has landing gear and a good controller for a newbie that is under $250, please tell me.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:14 PM
bluesilver30

Default RE: Super Aviator

the super aviator sucks. i have one, it barly flies. and the radio gear isnt reuseable, it's heavy as hell.

my suggestion for a newby plane would definantly be an Aerobird challenger. i thought it was going to suck (im mostly a heli guy) but i decided to get one with a friend to dogfight. man, i'll tell you, this thing surpassed my expectations. its fast, manouverable, and fun. you can take off the landing gear for grass, or put them on for concrete. and the v-tail it has is strong incase you flip over your nose on a landing. the super aviator always bents the vert stabilizer on a bad landing. i highly recomend the challenger.