Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Towerhobbies cessna 182

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 10:21 PM
dotey10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Towerhobbies cessna 182

hey, i was just wondering if anybody had heard anything about the towerhobbies 182 skylane with working flaps ailerons and lights. (47.5 in wingspan), i just had a bad experience with bananahobby and i am looking for a reliable cessna 182 that is realistic. what i have seen so far looks great but i cant find many videos or reviews so i just wanted to make sure. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 02-26-2009, 11:11 PM
Tamiya Tony

Default RE: Towerhobbies cessna 182

I bought the flyzone cessna from my lhs,its the same one you are talking about and I am not impressed. I thought it would be a decent trainer for my 15 year old son but I was wrong.It flys nice but the landing gear is terrible and trainers sometimes make hard landings as we all know.The nose gear is a complete piece of junk, I think the plane rogs and lands better with the flaps up. Any wind makes it very interesting to fly and land,so overall its a solid airframe with lousy gear,the radio seems to be very good quality as the foam used,My son is better off learning on my t-28 . Save your cash and get something better,dont fall for the flaps and lights like I did...
Old 03-04-2009, 09:19 PM
OEMFlyer

Default RE: Towerhobbies cessna 182

I would have to agree with Tamiya Tony. I assembled one of these for a friend. First, one of the leads fell off of the esc at the battery connector- replaced with a Deans . Second, while trying to set up controls found receiver bad- replaced by Electrifly. After double checking all connections and range testing, my friend took it out for its maiden. Flew great for about 2 min. and suddenly death spiraled into the ground. So I would say that the electronics aren't all that great either. What Tamiya Tony said about saving your cash.