Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

prop help

Old 06-15-2009, 05:28 PM
cdaluisio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default prop help

i am bulding a jet with a rear motor and they offer a pusher prop and a regular prop for the motor and i am unsure of what the difference between the two and which one is better
Old 06-15-2009, 05:58 PM
MrMulligan
My Feedback: (314)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: prop help

If you are using a brushless motor, it doesn't matter as the brushless motor runs equally well in either direction.  I'd use the tractor (standard) prop and run the motor in reverse.  Hold the plane with its nose toward you and install the standard prop backwards on the motor.  As you look at it from the nose the prop is in the same position as it is when installed in the nose.  I'd only use standard props, as it it sometimes hard to get reverse props and you can standardize.

If you are using a brushed motor, it is a different game.  Here you'll need the reverse prop or a reversed motor.