Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hobby Lobby issue

Gentleman,
    If you order a few items from Hobby Lobby that you need to complete airplane quickly for competition. You order two day air so you can get it in timely manner. You get the order and 2 of 4 items are not in stock and they don’t tell you that when you order.
    The two items send wont do me any good because I cant finish the airplane. My question: am I entitled to the 2 day air shipping charges?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Hobby Lobby issue

That's a tough one.

They certainly should have notified you that two of the items weren't in stock. If they ship what they have 2nd day, and then ship the remainder when it's comes in for free, then that's more than some other hobby shops will do. I got a call from Ultimate Hobbies a couple days ago, they told me one of 8 items I had ordered was not in stock (even though the website listed it as IN STOCK). My choices were 1) cancel the item from the order and they would ship the rest immediately, 2) wait for the item to come in, and then they would ship everything together. They never offered to ship what they had, and then ship the missing item for free later on. But at least they CALLED ME to discuss this with me!

I'd call their customer service, ask to speak with a manager or supervisor, and tell them your situation. That's the best you can do. If they value your business, they should do something for you.
    Paul - Helis: Two Raptor 50V2s, Venture 30CP, Blade CX2
    Planes: Twist 60, Tribute 36, Two PZ BL P51s, Two F27C Strykers

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have had nothing but bad experiences when dealing with Hobby-Lobby International.
    I ordered two EDF Jets from them that they claimed were in stock. One they claim was sent but it never arrived in Cyprus and the tracking number they gave was false. The other was then listed as on back order so I canceled it. My credit card was debited even though they did not have the item. This is illegal and they do not respond to my emails.

I think it's time somebody shut this outfit down.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi guys,
    We just fixed the inventory status on website yesterday. It's much more accurate now. Feel free to send me an email to jason.cole@hobby-lobby.com with your information and I'll check it out and make sure you are taken care of.

Thanks,
    Jason Cole
    Hobby Lobby
    Thanks,
    Jason Cole
    www.hobby-lobby.com
    Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/flyboone

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I know I ordered a single motor and it never arrived... I was told that since I didn't order it registered I was SOL. Pisses me off but I didn't argue the point since it was only $13 with shipping... I tossed that one up to live and learn.

Nothing has been wrong with any other orders though so I'll try them again (actually re-ordered the same motor but chose registered). Hopefully this one will come correct... if not then it is the end my ordering. The cheaper prices are good as long as you get what you ordered...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

wish i would have read this thread before i ordered my MIG,,put a 2 day delivery for $52.00 ,,im going on 9 days ..but hey i did find out it would be here tomarrow..

i emailed them ,,the response was its all taken care of????????????????

Wow. This does not sound like the Hobby Lobby that I've been doing business with for the better part of 10 years. There have got to be some simple misunderstandings going on here...

Shipping overseas, I don't think there is such a thing as an accurate package tracking system. Say what you will about the United States; we keep a tight lid on our mail and shipping networks internally, but we can't tell other countries how they should run their postal services. I don't know how it is in Cyprus, but I've heard many horror stories from people in other nations of corrupt postal systems, rampant theft, etc.. I'm not sure how Hobby Lobby can be held responsible for a shipment that disappears in transit.

Whether you're a registered member or not, there should be an order number in their system, and you should have an email receipt with that number. With that number, a customer service rep should certainly be able to help.

I've met Jason at Toledo and NEAT on multiple occasions, and he's a good guy. If you email him a copy of the order receipt and your issue, I'm sure he will get to the bottom of it for you.

When dealing with order issues, a calm, rational phone call is always much more effective than an email when dealing with any company. Companies get 1000's of emails. You are guaranteed to get personal attention with a phone call.

With regards to the original question, I have ordered from Hobby Lobby where some items were in stock and some were not. As I recall, I got the instock items shipped via my chosen method, and the other items were shipped via normal shipping with no extra charge. If you think about it, you've already waited X days/weeks/months for the backordered item; what's an extra day or two?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm sure I will feel much better when I get this stuff, however, I'm into the forth week now. Cyprus is not a great place for reliable shipping, last year I lost a Jetcat 200 on it's way to Malta. that was through datapost.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i waited two months for a replacement battery to replace a bad one that came with the model...and 3 months for a replacement airframe that came damaged. after three bad purchases from them i decided to get out of "rtf and r.r. edf's". i buy empty airframes from another vendor and installing my own electronics

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

as a canadian i will not advise anyone to deal with hobby lobby they don t care about us up here i had an issue since late april with a lipo spare battery for my f 16 falcon it died in the air and crashed the original lipo flew fine i only had 4 flights on this plane and still to this day we have not resolved the issue so as a warning to all canadians beware of dealing with hobby lobby i know i won t be dave b