Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Eflite RV-9

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 10:37 PM
webdr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Eflite RV-9

Heres a few pics of my friends RV-9. So far its proven to be a great flyer.

Old 11-14-2009, 09:47 PM
Daniel-EL
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will put one of these on order this week. What servos should I get? I have only standard sizes available at home and this must use minies, right? Also, has anyone found it to be cheaper to buy batteries, motors, ESCs from other sources besides eFlite? Looks like if I buy eFlite stuff it'll be another $200 to get the thing airborne (not counting the new servos I need).
Old 01-28-2010, 08:44 AM
tcraftpo
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Daniel-EL: I would go with the 480 motor and I am using the E-Flite 75 ( I think thats the numbers) servos. For the flaps, they are very frustrating to get setup correctly without any binding. Mine still bind even after trying to get them absolutely perfect. I'm not sure if a bigger sevo would help or not, but it is something to think about. Nice and fun flying plane, enjoy!
Old 11-27-2010, 12:13 AM
djensen623

Hi all, im new here, but not to RC, and I just picked up an RV-9 kit, and am in the very early stages of the build. Like many others, I have gone through the box and directions extensively, and am planning to begin building tomorrow. I am using a DX7 TX, AR7000 RX, and (5) Corona CS929MGservos for all control surfaces, including flaps. My LHS had them in stock, and they are stronger and faster than the suggested E-Flite S75 servos,at30 oz torque and 0.10 sec speed, plus metal gears and ball bearing supported shaft, all in the same case size as the S75's so fi shouldnt be an issue. Got em for $10 apiece, so the price was right too. I looked at the included hardware and the come with horns that have holes exactly at the 1/2" recommended mounting position for the linkages, and all line up extremely close to 90 degrees for maximum throw.

Anyone have any suggestions or shortcuts about the build, or potential trouble spots that I should take extra care to complete without any hiccups. I'll be sure and keep you updated on the build progress. Also any recommendations of radio settings would be appreciated. Exps, D/R's,EPA, ATV'setc.

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to hearing from any and all that are willing to help.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:30 AM
djensen623

Thanks for all the good ideas and responses. Lot of great help here. Really appreciate it.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:08 AM
Jaybird

I believe you'll find that previous posts cover any major issues already. Not sure why nobody has responded in such a long time other than once it's ready and the systems are working, it's pretty much trouble free. They must be flying instead of surfing! Not much to tweak, really.

I did find, as others did, that the flaps are the hardest to set up and adjust. I had to keep stepping up the servo that I used as the flaps bind in the retracted position and have to be pulled into position. You can hear my servo working when they are retracted. I used Hitec for all the other surfaces and a Futaba high torque for the flaps. I haven't looked at it in so long I don't remeber the model numbers.

I have the 450 power system which is adequate with a good battery pack. Doesn't like blustery wind...it gets pushed around a lot. Flies off snow with skis very well.

Is your build about finished? Have to flown it yet? You hadn't posted any build updates either.

I've spent most of the winter building an old Great Planes Super Skybolt kit, but I did fly the RV off snow...even on New Year's Day! I also took it along for static display at a model festival at Owls Head Transportation Museum.

Here's some video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6HbvlJiZ1A

Jaybird
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47123.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	1606130