Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Hyperion ZS 4035-12 with ATLAS 90 amp OPTO ESC

Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Hyperion ZS 4035-12 with ATLAS 90 amp OPTO ESC

Old 09-09-2012, 06:52 PM
stealthdragonb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hyperion ZS 4035-12 with ATLAS 90 amp OPTO ESC

Hi All I am using a Hyperion ZS 4035-12 motor with a Hyperion Atlas 90 amp OPTO esc with 8S LiPo. Previously I was using a turnigy 100 amp superbrain esc and was achieving a current draw of 60 amps with a 15x10 APC E Prop. However now with the exact same setup but with a ATLAS 90 amps OPTO esc rated up to 12S I can only achieve 40 amps current draw which is really effecting performance particularly rate of climb. I have got the default settings set in the esc with LVC set to 24.5 volts and now have changed Timing from automatic to 20deg and have increased current draw to 47amps which is still short of 60 amps previously achieved. Increasing the timing further causes sudden braking of the motor etc meaning the timing is not suitable if i use 25 or 30 deg. Does anyone know why this ESC is causing this problem, what other settings could I change to achieve a higher current draw then the current 47 amps.
I look forward to any assistance.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:11 AM
stealthdragonb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hyperion ZS 4035-12 with ATLAS 90 amp OPTO ESC

I would appreciate anyones helpful advice...