Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

ELECTRIFLY POLY CHARGE4 HELP

Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

ELECTRIFLY POLY CHARGE4 HELP

Old 08-01-2009, 09:43 PM
drive2survive
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ELECTRIFLY POLY CHARGE4 HELP

heys guys gotta Q re the polycharge charger...........owners of this unit are aware it charges 4 lipos ata time,so Ill hook up the bats, push the start and all green lites come on. OK so after awhile the lites now flash red, 1 time for each cell in the pack " Im charging 2S packs" anyway after the red flashes does that mean thier in charge mode?? the directions are kind of flakey!!
Old 08-01-2009, 10:58 PM
bobferguson

Default RE: ELECTRIFLY POLY CHARGE4 HELP

When you press the start buttons the leds should turn green. After two to three minutes they should start flashing. The number of flashs is the number of cells detected. You should all ways check this. The charger beeps and the lights turn red when the charging is finished.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:44 AM
drive2survive

thanx will check it out, heres another one>>>>>>>the bats im charging are all 5000s and as u know the dial only goes up to 3000, what Im getting as is what do I have to do to get those up to 5000 mah? and how do I verify theyve reached that point?
Old 08-02-2009, 10:54 PM
jdetray

When you charge a pack at less than 1C, it simply takes longer to charge. A properly-working lipo charger will charge to full capacity no matter the charge rate.

Charging a 5000 mAh pack at charge rate of 3000 mA is 3000/5000 = 0.6C. Since a 1C charge takes a little over an hour, a 0.6C charge should take about 2 hours.

- Jeff
Old 08-02-2009, 11:16 PM
drive2survive

thats the answer I was looking for thanx