Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

motor wants to start backwards

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

motor wants to start backwards

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 08:00 AM
N5RMQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default motor wants to start backwards

I am new to electric so and I need your oponions. I have a Turnigy motor and ESC that I have run about 4 times and all was well. This weekend as I would apply throttle s l o w l y it wanted to run backward, and seemed to have a lack of power altho it was running (by ear ) at the same RPM as before. My 10 x 7 prop had a small chunk missing from the tip, would this cause a loss of power? and whats up with the wanting to start backward? Thanks

Old 09-21-2009, 08:41 AM
mvarzoni

Default RE: motor wants to start backwards

N5MRQ,

Does it tried do move backwards slowly and them moved forward? if so, that mighr be some bad welded wiring...
I had problem once and the bed contact wire was the signal wire pluged to the receiver.

also, the missing portion on the tip of of your proopeller would not cause RPM loss, but will demage your engine axis or bearings...

Hope it helped.
Mauricio.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:27 AM
jmir
My Feedback: (1)

Did you switch some of the leads on the motor? Try that.
Also, check the balance on the prop. If it is still in balance, you can still use it.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:12 AM
-pkh-
My Feedback: (2)

Sensorless brushless ESCs may wiggle the prop a little at startup to figure out the position of the rotor. As long as it finally spins in the correct direction after that, you should be fine. If you are having problems other than this initial wiggle, then you probably have a motor or ESC problem. If your motor or ESC has been running hot, you may have damaged the motor windings or the ESC electronics.