Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Himax Motor Gear install

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 07:19 PM
bigbubba100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Himax Motor Gear install

I just purchased the Multiplex Elct Power Pack for Easy Glider and the gear was not installed on the motor. Can someone please tell me how you install it without damaging it or the motor shaft. I don't have a press and I surly don't want to beat it on. I tried heating the gear to see if it would slide on the motor shaft but that did not work. Maybe I didn't heat enough. HELP!
Old 10-10-2009, 10:50 AM
soarhead-RCU

Default RE: Himax Motor Gear install

I use a small vise, but you can do it with a C-clamp from a hardware store. Trouble with the C-clamp is you need a couple of extra hands to hold all the parts!!!!. Also a small socket is handy to drop the gear into and then use the socket to force the gear on with. Make sure the non-drive side of the shaft is used on the other side, because if you use the body of the motor you could ruin the bearings.

Good Luck
Bob
Old 10-10-2009, 11:08 PM
bigbubba100

Default RE: Himax Motor Gear install

Thanks for the advise. That worked great.