Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

RIP Threedee

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2003, 11:34 PM
quyetflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RIP Threedee

Today I got my new PJS1000 brushless in the mail....i went to work on the plane and motor...by 2pm i had it ready to fly....took a few pictures....sadly these were the last pics of my threedee in any more than 200 peices....The motor is badass....unfortuanlly my piloting skills leave alittle to be desired.....now i sit patiently on the waiting list untill they come back in stock....but ill fly again...most definitly...IM AN ADDICT!.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	91658_38184.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	52938  
Old 07-06-2003, 12:43 PM
Larry Eddy
My Feedback: (24)

Default Re: RIP Threedee

Originally posted by quyetflyer
Today I got my new PJS1000 brushless in the mail....i went to work on the plane and motor...by 2pm i had it ready to fly....took a few pictures....sadly these were the last pics of my threedee in any more than 200 peices....The motor is badass....unfortuanlly my piloting skills leave alittle to be desired.....now i sit patiently on the waiting list untill they come back in stock....but ill fly again...most definitly...IM AN ADDICT!.
I hope you gave the pieces a proper burial. I have a threedee that needs a little love to get it into the air. It is about number 3 on my list of ER projects. So, will the PJS1000 make it hover?
Old 07-06-2003, 02:57 PM
quyetflyer

Default threedee chopper!

Yes....i buried her properly......still alittle pissed that my plane is in a BAG right now...but hey..you move on. YES the plane will definitly hover...I took off in three feet!...so its basically a helecoptor!.. the stock threedee with mp gearbox will produce about 16 oz of thrust for the weight of the plane....with the new set up i added 3 oz of weight...but i was producing 35 oz of thrust...YOU CAN IMANGINE!
Old 07-06-2003, 07:07 PM
d_wheel

Default RIP Threedee

quyetflyer, what controller and battery pack did you use?

Later;

D.W.
Old 07-06-2003, 07:27 PM
quyetflyer

Default motor setup

Hey....my threedee setup consists of:

PJS1000 brushless...APC 11x4.7 prop
jeti advance 40-3P speed control
10 cell 800 nicad

the plane hovers easily on half throttle and will dart up out of the hover like a bullet!...