Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Check out my new mini Funtana x

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Check out my new mini Funtana x

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 08:44 PM
rcgoodtimes
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check out my new mini Funtana x

Hello I was going to insert a photo of my new Mini Funtana X but I don't really know how to do that . So let me just tell you about it I had an Electristar motor I bought for $17.00 from a guy and I was looking for an airplane to put it in . I had to move the firewall back like an inch , and I had to cut another air hole in the bottom underneath the center between the wings so I could install a 4s 2450 Lipo pack in it . I flew it today and all I can say is man oh man this thing rocks I did the best knife edges I have ever done even on my fullsize Funtana X 100. I flew for like 12 minuets and landed under power not even warm anywhere ... I think I have a new Love .. Oh now I see how the pictures get there DUH..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16821.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	1355582   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ol31207.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	1355583  
Old 01-13-2010, 10:46 PM
Jeremy Z

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Check out my new mini Funtana x

Nice. I like the 30-60" wingspan electrics quite a lot.

Now that you're into electric, try a sailplane. Like a Multiplex EasyGlider Pro. Affordable, and a whole different kind of fun than the pattern or 3D planes.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:35 PM
look4one

Be careful with the 3D stress on that mini-Funtana.

I HAD one with the generic power-15 A2814/8 1000Kv motor and a 3S 2500 Li-Po. I flew it about three days with the usual series of fast diving rolls followed by the inverted snap roll and inverted flat spin. The plane could not be recovered from the tumbling and spun into the ground. There was little damage done except that the body was sheared in two at the front wing mount former. Radio gear (Futaba) all worked fine before and after the event. The propeller (APC 12x3.8SF) was blade-less but the motor shaft was not bent and still runs okay.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:15 PM
rcgoodtimes
My Feedback: (5)

Well It seems to be holding up fine so far I have spun this thing so fast it looks like a drill motor it seems to be just fine with the crazy stuff ,it has'nt been an issue so far . But thanks I will keep it in mind . If it happens well it happens right ..
Old 05-03-2010, 02:53 PM
R/CBOONE72

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cannot get my funtana I just built to knife edge right, when I put the sfg it gets worst, when I input rudder is has an amazing amount of coupling, and when I am try to to a flat turn it just shoots to the ground when I use rudder, I have never had this on any other plane, I have tried moving the battery everywhere, it flies better with it back but still a sloppy knife edge, any suggestions. I was also flying in pretty good wind, I did not think it would make such a difference, I wanted to light it up at night but I don't know if I want to now.