Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Going Electric

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 10:28 PM
Steve Westphal

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Going Electric

I want advice as to what unit is right for me. I like RTF but want a 4 channel that can be used in other planes. I want something I can fly around while my brother is wiping the castor oil off of his stuff!!!!!! I would like something in the 30 inch to 45 inch range. Or, would it be better to build one with all the right stuff. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:59 PM
Dr Kiwi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Going Electric

I am not endorsing this product in any way.. but perhaps this is close to what you are thinking of. If you are in this for the long haul you may be better off with an ARF and add your own higher quality Tx etc (2.4Ghz rather than 72FM?).

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...ZA9**&P=0#tech
Old 01-20-2010, 05:13 PM
bute56
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Going Electric

I flew glo planes for a long time. Last year I sold everything because I decided I was tired of the mess, club dues, and ama dues. I am a decent pilot, but by no means "highly skilled". I bought the Parkzone Corsair RTF. I liked this set up because it came with the 2.4 Ghz radio system with a 5ch. Transmitter and receiver that can be used in other airplanes. The transmitter can also be bound to other compatible receivers if you have more than one plane, and you dont want to switch receivers back and forth. All the components that came in this package have worked flawlessly for well over 100 flights so far. I am able to fly the corsair easily, I assume you will be able to also, as long as you have some experience with ailerons. I hand launch it and land it in about 50 yds. I think the wingspan is about 44" or something close to that which is another plus. I believe the T-34 from Parkzone has a very similar wingspan. Initially it was a little harder to see, but I got used to it. I dont think i will be trying any airplanes with much smaller of a wingspan, but who knows. Hope this helps.